This course is designed not only for middle managers, line managers but also for supervisors.
Those working at the coal face can often spot opportunities to optimise profits better than anyone else once the subject is demystified and once they realise they can make a difference. This also enhances the opportunity for supervisors to engage in the decision making of the business giving management the chance to identify talent.
What will you learn?
Learners will be able to explain basic financial terms and know how to calculate operational and financial ratios.
They will be able to explain the structure of a balance sheet and profit and loss account and how they are related.
They will then be better placed to understand their key performance indicators and how they are calculated so they can engage in the target setting and monitoring process. This will introduce the budgeting and forecasting and their role in it.
Learners will be introduced to the concept of Breakeven Analysis and how this affects decision making.
In support of this, pricing strategies will be explained, and individuals will be able to work some examples.
They will be able to identify areas of costs and where they fit in the Profit and Loss Statement and spot areas where they can make a difference and suggest improvements.
Learners will be introduced to the concept of cash flow and signposted to further input on this subject area.
It is recommended that learners bring calculators or ensure they have appropriate apps.
Programme Delivery and Costs
This course is delivered over 1 day – 9.30am to 4.30pm
Individual cost: £90.00
Next Course Date
10th June 2019
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course then please contact us on:
Business Development Unit,
Sim Balk Lane,
- An Introduction to Management and Supervisory Skills
- Creative Problem Solving for Managing Change
- Customer Service Excellence
- Cyber Security Foundation Course
- Data Protection & GDPR
- Data Protection & GDPR Awareness Training
- Dealing with Conflict at Work
- Developing Leadership Capabilities
- Effective Minute Taking and Agendas
- Effective project management
- Email Marketing
- Essential HR for Managers
- Excel VBA
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- Highfield Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- How to Build an Effective Social Media Strategy
- How To Get Visual With Social Media
- How to Succeed in Sales
- Intermediate Management and Supervisory Skills
- IOSH - Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Leadership Skills
- Leading Critical Business Change
- MailChimp Training
- Managing Financial Resources - for Non-Finance Managers
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced
- Microsoft Excel - Intermediate
- Microsoft Office Project 2016 - Introduction
- Microsoft Word - Advanced
- Microsoft Word - Intermediate
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Next generation Leadership & Management
- Next Steps Management & Supervisory Skills
- Office 365
- Performance Management
- Presentation Skills
- Team Building
- The Intrapreneurial Leader
- Wood Safety
- Working with Costs and Budgets