Many managers and supervisors are appointed on the basis of their demonstrated ability to do their previous job well. Few are afforded the opportunity to learn about the art of management and supervision, other than through learning ‘on the job’. Some will have recognised this gap in their learning and will have attended York College’s two day ‘Introduction to Management and Supervision’ workshop. Whether learning has been acquired ‘on the job’ and/or through workshops, many will recognise there is more to be learned.
Who is it for?
Managers and supervisors who are comfortable with the ‘basics’ of the subject but would like time out to explore the subject in a little more detail.
To provide opportunity for delegates to explore and practice key management activities including Performance Management, Project Management, Giving and Receiving Feedback, and Handling Tricky Conversations.
Over two days, delegates will receive taught input on key management activities (as above), with opportunity to practice these skills. The workshop will be informal, flexible, allowing space for some bespoke exploration of related subjects of interest to delegates.
Slide deck, workbook, exercises, discussion, short videos will all be used to amplify taught input.
Programme Delivery and Costs
This course is delivered over 2 days – 9.30am to 4.30pm.
Individual cost: £155.00 per delegate.
Next Course Dates
18th-19th September 2018
21st-22nd March 2019
24th-25th June 2019
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course then please contact us on:
Business Development Unit,
Sim Balk Lane,
- An Introduction to Management and Supervisory Skills
- Creative Problem Solving for Managing Change
- Customer Service Excellence
- Cyber Security Foundation Course
- Data Protection & GDPR
- Data Protection & GDPR Awareness Training
- Dealing with Conflict at Work
- Developing Leadership Capabilities
- Effective Minute Taking and Agendas
- Effective project management
- Email Marketing
- Essential HR for Managers
- Excel VBA
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- Highfield Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- How to Build an Effective Social Media Strategy
- How To Get Visual With Social Media
- How to Succeed in Sales
- Intermediate Management and Supervisory Skills
- IOSH - Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Leadership Skills
- Leading Critical Business Change
- MailChimp Training
- Managing Financial Resources - for Non-Finance Managers
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced
- Microsoft Excel - Intermediate
- Microsoft Office Project 2016 - Introduction
- Microsoft Word - Advanced
- Microsoft Word - Intermediate
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Next generation Leadership & Management
- Next Steps Management & Supervisory Skills
- Office 365
- Performance Management
- Presentation Skills
- Team Building
- The Intrapreneurial Leader
- Wood Safety
- Working with Costs and Budgets