Dealing with Conflict at Work
In every work environment we all have to deal with difficult situations involving customers, suppliers or colleagues, be they our bosses, our peers or within the teams that we lead and manage.
Because every situation is different we all need to develop a range of approaches that we can use to deal with them effectively, resolving them in the best possible way for all concerned.
This workshop has been designed to present and discuss different types of conflict and explore a range of appropriate approaches.
Importantly, it provides a range of exercises to allow delegates to try out different approaches in a safe but challenging environment, to see what works best for them as individuals.
9th February 2018
This course will run 9.00am to 5.00pm at York College.
The cost for this course will be £95.
The following topics will be covered:
- What we mean by conflict
- Why conflict is an inevitable part of the work environment
- Why conflict can be both useful and positive
- Different behaviours
- Different personas
- Delegated authority
Approaches for dealing with conflict
- Analysing each situation
- Learning how to listen
- Working toward a shared outcome
- Team members
Ways to develop your skills further
Participants will learn how to:
- Improve their confidence in dealing effectively with conflicts
- Apply approaches best suited to the specific situation and person
- Work toward shared, positive outcomes where possible
- Further develop their abilities in the future
Continual checking of knowledge and understanding through group discussions and question, plus several exercises to ensure that the delegate is meeting all of the learning objectives.
Programme Delivery: One day workshop
Please contact us to discuss this programme and all your company’s training and development requirements.
- An Introduction to Management and Supervisory Skills
- Creative Problem Solving for Managing Change
- Customer Service Excellence
- Cyber Security For Everyday Life
- Data Protection & GDPR
- Dealing with Conflict at Work
- Developing Leadership Capabilities
- Effective Minute Taking and Agendas
- Email Marketing
- Excel VBA
- Face the Fear and Sell It Anyway (Sales for Non Sales People)
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- Highfield Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- How to Build an Effective Social Media Strategy
- How To Get Visual With Social Media
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel
- Introduction to social media - getting started
- Introduction to the Polish Language and Culture for British Business
- IOSH - Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Leadership Skills
- MailChimp Training
- Managing Financial Resources - for Non-Finance Managers
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced
- Microsoft Excel - Intermediate
- Microsoft Office Project 2016 - Introduction
- Microsoft Word - Advanced
- Microsoft Word - Intermediate
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Online Pay-per-click Advertising
- Performance Management
- Project Management Techniques and Tools
- Social Selling - Developing a Great Sales Pipeline
- The Intrapreneurial Leader
- Wood Safety