The aim of this workshop is to assist participants to develop a range of skills and techniques required for effective selling and apply them to any specific working or business situation. It also assists delegates understand the importance of following a process and the benefits that accrue through using a structured approach.
The objectives of this course are to provide participants with the essential skills necessary to enable them to:
- Understanding the Sales process
- Identifying common barriers to effective sales
- Build rapport and elicit information
- Develop strategies to overcome objections
- Improving confidence in objection handling
- Improving speed and efficiency of objection handling
- Increasing the number of options available to handle the objection
- Improve their ability to influence others and grow sales
This programme has been specifically designed for people who have little or no sales experience or those who have some practical experience but no formal training in this area. There is an emphasis on practical solutions to commonly encountered issues when selling to customers. Delegates will have an opportunity to develop their own solutions to situations that they find difficult to overcome.
Many Organisations consider that everyone they come into contact with is a customer – either an internal or external customer and the ability to ‘sell’ ideas and motivate others to act is seen as an intrinsic competence for all supervisors and managers
Welcome & Introductions
Defining the Sales Manager’s Role
- Key Competencies
- Key Objectives
The Buying Process
- I’m busy
- I don’t trust you
- What are the facts?
- What does this mean for me?
- What are the problems?
- Shall I buy?
Why do people buy?
What am I selling?
- The organisation
- The Product
Questioning the Customer (and listening to their responses)
- Building a profile of the customer:
- Needs and wants
- Active vs Passive Listening
Features and Benefits
- Linking the benefits of product features to the customer’s need.
Closing the Sale
- Don’t shy away from it.
- Lots of small wins to build up to the sale
- Expect a Yes
- Types of Close (RATAID)
- The Psychology of Objections
- Different types of objections:
- Handling Emotional Objections
- Separating a “Concern” from an Objection and handling each.
- Handling Factual Objections
Help the customer to change their perception of that feature of the product
- Understand the objection
Feedback and Action Planning
Instructor led facilitation. This seminar is designed to be highly practical, interactive, hands on and fun. The event will be a mix of exercises, pair work and small group discussion. We will be sharing ideas, tools, tips, techniques and strategies that will allow delegates to raise their understanding about all aspects of making sales. In addition to delegates will receive work books with comprehensive notes.
Our trainers bring with them a wealth of experience in the subject. Our approach is professional and relaxed to quickly build confidence, delivered by trainers who have consistently exceeded expectations in their own careers. We expect participants to be fully involved in the process, be enthusiastic and work hard to change their behaviours and to incorporate new learning
Programme Delivery & Cost
Full day course – 09.30-16.30
Next Course Dates
Next course to be planned but to express your interest in this please contact the Business Development Unit.
Further Information and Booking
Business Development Unit, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
Tel: 01904 770368
- Advanced Assertiveness
- Allergen Awareness
- An Introduction to Management and Supervisory Skills
- Assertiveness Training
- Assessing the Care Certificate to National Occupational Standard 9
- Assessing the Care Certificate: Standardisation and Support Session
- Become an Outstanding Intrapreneur
- Customer Service Excellence
- Delegation Skills
- Dementia Awareness
- Developing Your Own Business
- Effective Minute Taking
- Effective Minutes and Agendas
- Effective Report Writing Workshop
- Effective Selling Skills
- Email Marketing
- Face the Fear and Sell It Anyway (Sales for Non Sales People)
- Handling Difficult Customers
- How to Build an Effective Social Media Strategy
- How To Get Visual With Social Media
- International Trade
- Introduction to Fundraising
- Introduction to Marketing
- Introduction to Mental Health
- Introduction to Office 365
- Introduction to social media - getting started
- Introduction to Successful Bid and Tender Writing
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Leadership Skills
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
- Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety
- MailChimp Training
- Managing Financial Resources - for Non-Finance Managers
- Managing Upwards
- Marketing for Intermediates
- Mental Health First Aid
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced
- Microsoft Excel - Intermediate
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Online Pay-per-click Advertising
- Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (QCF)
- Pearson Edexcel Level 4 Internal Quality Assurance Awards
- Project Management Techniques and Tools
- Record Keeping for Person Centred Care
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Sensible Cyber Security For Everyday Life and Business
- The Business of Resilience - Thrive Regardless of Your Circumstances
- The Intrapreneurial Leader
- The Power of Intrapreneurship
- Wood Safety Training