The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Healthy (NEBOSH) awarding body is aimed at professionals and managers who have a specific responsibility for health and safety in the workplace. NEBOSH qualifications are recognised and respected by employers in all sectors of the economy.
The aim of the NEBOSH National General Certificate programme is to provide delegates with a general understanding of Occupational Health and Safety and its implications for their organisation. This programme is suitable for Managers, Supervisors, Employee Representatives and others wishing to gain underpinning knowledge in occupational safety and health.
The programme objectives are as follows:
- Identify hazards and unsafe practices
- Advise on, or to take appropriate remedial action in order to reduce the risks in the working environment
- Use proactive strategies to prevent accidents and control risk
- Identify the main requirements of health and safety legislation
- Select appropriate safety monitoring techniques
The programme is divided into two areas: the management of safety and health and controlling workplace hazards, covering the following topics:
- Hazards and safe systems of work
- Fire prevention measures and actions
- Controlling health hazards
- Methods of controlling risks
- Effective communication
- Investigation of accidents and incidents
- Maintenance of accident records
- PCompliance with general legislation
Delegates will be expected to complete course assignments and conduct private study whilst on the programme.
Assessment is by an end examination comprising two written papers (Paper NGC1 Management of Health and Safety and Paper GC2 Controlling Workplace Hazards) and a practical assessment (GC3 Health and Safety Practical Applications).
NEBOSH will award certification upon successful completion of the written papers and practical assessments.
Individual price: £999 per delegate which includes tuition, course textbook, examinations and certification.
Next Course Dates
14th November 2018
1 day per week for 15 weeks. 9am to 4.30pm.
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course then please contact us on:
Business Development Unit,
Sim Balk Lane,
- Accelerated Business Growth Programme
- An Introduction to Management and Supervisory Skills
- Creative Problem Solving for Managing Change
- Cyber Security Foundation Course
- Data Protection & GDPR
- Data Protection & GDPR Awareness Training
- Dealing with Conflict at Work
- Developing Leadership Capabilities
- Effective Minute Taking and Agendas
- Effective project management
- Email Marketing
- Essential HR for Managers
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- How to Build an Effective Social Media Strategy
- How To Get Visual With Social Media
- Innovation Intrapreneurial Leadership
- Intermediate Management and Supervisory Skills
- IOSH - Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Leadership Skills
- Leading Critical Business Change
- Level 3 Diploma in Leadership & Management
- MailChimp Training
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced
- Microsoft Excel - Intermediate
- Microsoft Excel - Introductory
- Microsoft Excel VBA
- Microsoft Word - Advanced
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Next generation Leadership & Management
- Office 365
- Performance Management
- Presentation Skills
- Team Building
- What is PR and why does your business need it?
- Wood Safety
- Working with Costs and Budgets