Who is this course aimed at?
The purpose of this qualification is to increase the learner’s knowledge and awareness of the Prevent Duty and safeguarding, including online safety.
By completing the qualification, learners will develop knowledge of safeguarding in an environment where they have a duty of care.
There are 3 Units:
- Understanding the Prevent Duty
- Understanding Safeguarding
- Understanding Online Safety
Some experience of working with children. A clear DBS certificate is also required and learners must be at least 18 years old.
Up to £811 depending on personal circumstances.
Dates and Times
20th September 2018 – 23rd May 2019
Thursday afternoons 1.00pm - 4.30pm
Learners will have a greater understanding of the Prevent Duty in settings. They will also learn safeguarding strategies when working with children, including online safety.
All classes are taught in college.
Exams and Assessments
Learners must pass all 3 units. Units are graded Pass or Refer. There are no exams.
Learners will gain the NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there anything else I need?
Learners will need their own stationery. Access to a computer or laptop would also be useful.
NCFE CACHE Level 3 qualifications in Supporting Teaching and Learning
Level 3 qualifications in Working with Children and Young People
Level 3 Certificate in Working with Vulnerable Young People
This qualification may support progression toward the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Distance Learning NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young Peoples Mental Health
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Safeguarding and 'Prevent'
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in ICT for Early Years
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- NCFE CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Advanced Practitioner for Schools and Colleges
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Education & Training
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA)
- NCFE Level 4 Award in Award Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Process and Practice
- NCFE Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training
- York College Certificate in Dyslexia Awareness