Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at people who have some experience of working with children but want to have a better understanding of specific learning difficulties children may have.
You will study 5 units:
- Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties (SLD)
- Understand the effects of SLD
- Understand the diagnosis of SLD
- Understand supporting individuals with SLD
- Understand the context of SLD
Some experience of working with children.
A clear DBS certificate.
Dates and Times
17th September 2018 - 24th June 2019
Monday evenings 5.30pm – 8.45pm
Up to £811 depending on personal circumstances, please contact the InfoZone for more information.
Learners will have a greater understanding of what Specific Learning Difficulties are and how to use this understanding to help children in the workplace.
All classes are taught in college.
Exams and Assessments
Learners must pass all 5 units. Units are graded Pass or Refer. There are no exams.
Learners will gain the NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there anything else I need?
Learners will need their own stationery. Access to a computer or laptop would also be useful.
It is also best to have some Work Experience or be employed with children to understand the context of the course.
Learners can progress to thefollowing courses:
NCFE CACHE Level 3 Specialist Support in Teaching and Learning in Schools.
L2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
L2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
L2 Diploma in Health and Social Care ( Adults ) for England
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Distance Learning NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young Peoples Mental Health
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Safeguarding and 'Prevent'
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in ICT for Early Years
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- NCFE CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Advanced Practitioner for Schools and Colleges
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Education & Training
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA)
- NCFE Level 4 Award in Award Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Process and Practice
- NCFE Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training
- York College Certificate in Dyslexia Awareness