Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed for those who are currently working or volunteering within an Early Years setting. It is designed to prepare learners to work with children up to 5 years and have the knowledge of children up to seven years.
This course provides learners the knowledge and skills to integrate the use of ICT in Early Years settings. After completing the course it is intended that learners will be equipped to support children’s learning using ICT.
Learners need to be over 18 and have GCSE English or equivalent at Grade 4 or above.
Dates and Times
18th September 2018 - 7th May 2019
The course will run on Tuesday afternoons from 1.00pm - 4.30pm.
The course runs for 28 weeks.
During this course you will study two units:
- Facilitating Good Practice in use of ICT in Early Years settings
- Supporting Children’s Learning using ICT
You will also learn about keeping children safe online.
The course is classroom based but will also require some observation in the workplace.
Exams and Assessments
Learners will be required to complete a portfolio of evidence.
On successful completion, learners will receive an NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award In ICT in Early years.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do the practical assessments take place?
All practical assessment will take place in the learners own placement/workplace.
After successfully completing this course learners will be able to use their knowledge in various Early Years’ roles.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Distance Learning NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young Peoples Mental Health
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Safeguarding and 'Prevent'
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in ICT for Early Years
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- NCFE CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Advanced Practitioner for Schools and Colleges
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Education & Training
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA)
- NCFE Level 4 Award in Award Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Process and Practice
- NCFE Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training
- York College Certificate in Dyslexia Awareness