Good standard of functional English and Maths, plus time available to undertake home study during the course (recommended seven hours a week).
Dates and Times
We hope to run this course in Autumn 2017.
Practical training and assessment within college plumbing workshop in the following:
- Health and safety
- Electrical Safety
- Plumbing processes
- Hot and cold water systems
- Central heating (pipework)
- Sanitation and drainage
Home study in preparation for nine online multi-choice exams.
Employment in industry as a plumber's mate, or Level 2 Apprenticeship (this qualification can count towards half the work required to complete the full Level 2 Apprenticeship).
The cost of this course in 2016 was £1,800 but this may change in 2017.
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770400.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Construction and the Built Environment (Bridge Course to HNC)
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies
- Hobby Stonecarving
- Hobby Woodcarving
- Level 1 Award in Creative Crafts (Furniture Making)
- Level 1 Certificate in Basic Construction Skills
- York College Certificate in Brickwork