For general entry requirement guidance please follow this link.
More detailed entry requirement information will be available in due course.
What skills and qualities do I need?
Good timekeeping, attendance and the ability to research and study independently.
What will I study?
The course is split into 9 separate subjects known as units which are listed below:
- Structural mechanics
- Civil engineering technology
- Building services technology
- Graphical communication
- Architectural design and planning
- Property maintenance and conversion
- Building surveying
- Business management techniques
- Building regulations
How will I be assessed?
One online exam contributing to 40% of your overall grade.
One assignment to write contributing to 60% of your overall grade.
Both assessments cover all of the units listed above. Your grades from the 1st year will be added to your grades from this year to give you an overall grade. Your overall grade is used to calculate UCAS points if you are considering going to university.
What could it lead to?
This course could lead to full-time employment in any one of the subjects studied over the two year period, it could also lead onto the HNC in construction, an apprenticeship or to university to study further in any of the subjects.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is ideally suited to someone who has finished their 1st year of study on the Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Diploma Level 3 (Year 1) and is looking to gain employment or a career in the professional and technical aspects of construction. This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge necessary to work at this level in the industry. It will also provide you with the academic research and assignment writing skills necessary for future study such as HNC or university.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Bricklaying Diplomas City & Guilds Level 1, Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery Diplomas City & Guilds Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Certificate Level 3 (HNC Bridge Course)
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Diploma Level 3 (Year 1)
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Extended Diploma Level 3 (Year 2)
- Construction Skills City & Guilds Extended Certificate Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 2
- Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Diplomas Level 1, Level 2
- Plastering Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Plumbing Diploma Level 1
- Plumbing Diploma Level 2
- Plumbing Diploma Level 3
- Step up into Construction
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2