Entry requirementsApplicants for the Level 1 Diploma should ideally have a minimum of 4 Ds at GCSE including Maths and English (grade 3+) and will be assessed and interviewed prior to acceptance on to the course. Level 1 must be completed before progressing to the Level 2 Diploma.
DurationThe Diploma courses in Painting and Decorating are each one year in duration.
What will I study?Level 1 units include:
- Safe Working Practices in Construction Level 1
- Information, Quantities and Communications Level 1
- Knowledge of Building Construction Level 1
- Preparing Surfaces for Painting and Papering
- Applying Paint with Brush and Rollers
- Apply Lining and Plain Papers
- Produce Special Paint Finishes
Level 2 units include:
- Safe Working Practices in Construction
- Information, Quantities and Communications
- Knowledge of Building Construction
- Wall Papering to Walls and Ceilings
- Spray Painting
How will I be assessed?Continuous practical assessment with end of year assignments.
What could it lead to?On completion of each Diploma students can progress onto the next level where appropriate or go on to find employment in order to transfer to an apprenticeship, and then onto higher level courses in Construction.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Construction and the Built Environment BTEC Advanced Diploma Level 3
- Construction and the Built Environment BTEC Diploma Level 1
- Construction and the Built Environment BTEC First Diploma Level 2
- Decorative Occupations (Painting and Decorating) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2
- Electrical Installation Diploma in Electrotechnical Studies (Electrician's course) Level 1
- Electrical Installation Diploma in Electrotechnical Studies (Electrician's course) Level 2
- Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Plastering Occupations Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Plumbing Diploma Level 1
- Plumbing Diploma Level 2
- Preparation for Employment in the Construction Industry Diploma Level 1
- Step up into Construction
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2
- Trowel Occupations (Bricklaying) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2
- Wood Occupations (Carpentry and Joinery) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3