Entry requirementsApplicants for the Level 1 Diploma should ideally have a minimum of 4 Ds at GCSE, which should include English and Maths (grade 3+), and applicants will also be assessed and interviewed prior to acceptance on to the course. Level 1 must be completed before progressing to the Level 2 Diploma.
DurationOne year for each level.
What will I study?Level 1 units include:
- Safe Working Practices in Construction Level 1
- Information, Quantities and Communications Level 1
- Knowledge of Building Construction Level 1
- Basic Block Laying Skills
- Basic Bricklaying Skills
- Basic Cavity Walling
- Contribute to Setting Out Basic Masonry Structures
Level 2 units include:
- Safe Working Practices in Construction Level 2
- Information, Quantities and Communications Level 2
- Knowledge of Building Construction Level 2
- How to Interpret Working Drawings to Set Out Masonry Structures
- Knowledge of Thin Joint Masonry and Masonry Cladding
- How to Build Solid Walling, Isolates and Attached Piers
- How to Build Cavity Walling Forming Masonry Structures
How will I be assessed?Assessment in practical skills is continuous with end of year assignments.
What could it lead to?On completion of each Diploma students can progress onto the next level where appropriate, or go on to find employment in order to transfer to an apprenticeship, then higher level courses in Construction.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Construction and the Built Environment BTEC Advanced Diploma Level 3
- Construction and the Built Environment BTEC Diploma Level 1
- Construction and the Built Environment BTEC First Diploma Level 2
- Decorative Occupations (Painting and Decorating) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2
- Electrical Installation Diploma in Electrotechnical Studies (Electrician's course) Level 1
- Electrical Installation Diploma in Electrotechnical Studies (Electrician's course) Level 2
- Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Plastering Occupations Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Plumbing Diploma Level 1
- Plumbing Diploma Level 2
- Preparation for Employment in the Construction Industry Diploma Level 1
- Step up into Construction
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2
- Trowel Occupations (Bricklaying) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2
- Wood Occupations (Carpentry and Joinery) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3