The role of the Property Maintenance Operative is to ensure the condition and quality of the building is maintained to a high level. You will develop knowledge and skills in basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing and decorating. You will be able to carry out repairs to the fabric of the building, maintain the drainage, plumbing systems and electrical installations (to legal requirements) whilst ensuring high levels of customer service.
Qualifications and End Point Assessment Information
Once you have successfully completed the apprenticeship programme, each apprentice will need to submit:-
- A portfolio of evidence will be completed throughout the length of the course.
- A knowledge assessment will be taken at the end of the programme using multi-choice or short written questions.
- Short research assignment.
- End practical synoptic task.
Method(s) of delivery
Practical and theory sessions, primarily delivered in the workplace, but some college based delivery. If Functional Skills are required, these will be delivered at the College.
Are there any entry criteria?
Set by employers, however Functional Skills at Level 1 must be achieved to progress.
12 month minimum
Technical Specialist, Supervisory and Management roles e.g. Facilities Management.
Our success rates
Our Overall Apprenticeship Success rate for Apprenticeships in 2015/16 is 81%, a whopping 13% above National Average.
Our Overall Success Rate for our Intermediate Apprenticeship Provision in 2015/16 is 79%, which is a fantastic 13% higher than National Average.
Our Overall Success Rate for our Advanced Apprenticeship Provision in 2015/16 is 81%, which is a fantastic 13% higher than National Average.
Our Overall Construction Building Success Rates in 2015/16 was 74%, 8% above National Average.
York College, graded Outstanding by OFSTED, is ideally placed to support both Apprentices and businesses to successfully engage with and benefit from Apprenticeships.
- Bricklaying Apprenticeship Level 2 and 3
- Installation Electrical Maintenance Apprenticeship Level 3
- Painting and Decorating Apprenticeship Level 2 and 3
- Plastering Apprenticeship Level 2 and 3
- Plumbing Apprenticeship Level 2 and 3
- Property Maintenance Apprenticeship Level 2
- Stonemasonry Apprenticeship Level 2 and 3
- Wood Occupations Apprenticeship Level 2 and 3