Students will need to have a C grade or equivalent in English and Maths GCSE and six months' experience of working/volunteering in a school. An application form must be completed and an interview will be required.
Dates and Times
There are daytime and evening instances of this course.
18th September 2017 - 25th June 2018 Daytime
18th September 2017 - 25th June 2018 Evening
22nd January 2018 - 10th December 2018 Daytime
22nd January 2018 - 10th December 2018 Evening
Times: Daytime: 09.00am - 12.00pm Evening: 17.30pm - 20.30pm
- Understand children's and young people's development
- Understand how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
- Learn about communication and professional relationships with children and young people
- Learn about schools as organisations
- Support learning activities
- Promote children's and young people's positive behaviour
- Develop professional relationships with children , young people and adults
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Support assessment for learning
- Engage in personal development in health, social care and young people's settings
- Support children's and young people's health and safety
PLUS 3-5 Optional Units
Students should allow an average of six hours per week for home study. A minimum of two days per week work placement in a school classroom is required and students should be working as part of the school team.
Exams and Assessments
The units are assessed by written tasks and assessment in the workplace.
CACHE Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools - Level 3
How to apply
Applications should be made to the college. All students will be required to have an interview with the course tutor.
On completion of the course, a lot of students take up employment as Teaching Assistants in schools and, in time, progress to Higher Level Teaching Assistant roles.
The cost of this course is £2,225.
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the college for details.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770400.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner
- NCFE L2 Cert for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- NCFE L2 Cert Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools
- NCFE L3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home-Based Childcare
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma for Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools