The aim of this qualification is to prepare learners to become Early Years Educators, enabling them to work with children from birth to 5 years, and to gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years.
Upon achievement of this qualification, it is intended that learners will be able to enter the workforce as Early Years Educators.
You must be 19+ and have achieved at least Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English.
Learners will also need to have worked or volunteered in a childcare setting for at least six months.
Dates and Times
19th September 2017 - 26th June 2018
Time: 17.30pm - 20.30pm
The course will cover units such as:
- Support healthy lifestyles for children through the provision of food and nutrition
- Support healthy lifestyles for children through exercise
- Support physical care routines for children
- Developing children’s emergent literacy skills
- Developing children’s emergent mathematical skills
- Support children’s transition to school
- Develop children’s cognitive skills
- L4 Advanced Practitioner
- Foundation Degree
You could progress to the following job roles and responsibilities:
- practitioner in day nurseries
- practitioner in nursery schools
- practitioner in reception classes in primary schools
The cost of this course is £2882.
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the college for details.
How to Apply
Applications should be made to the college and you may be required to have an interview.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770400.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner
- NCFE L2 Cert for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- NCFE L2 Cert Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools
- NCFE L3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home-Based Childcare
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma for Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools