Students will need to have a C grade or equivalent in English GCSE and will be encouraged to improve Maths and ICT skills if these are below a C at GCSE (or equivalent). An application form must be completed and an interview will be required.
Dates and Times
18th September 2017 - 25th June 2018 - Mondays
19th September 2017 - 26th June 2018 - Tuesday
Time: 09.00am - 12.00pm
The course consists of the following units:
- Child and young person development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Communication and professional relationships with children and young people and adults
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Help improve own and team practice in schools
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Support children and young people's health and safety
- Support children and young people's positive behaviour
- Support learning activities
- Schools as organisations
- Prepare and maintain learning environments.
Exams and Assessments
The units are assessed by written tasks and assessment in the workplace.
A minimum of two days per week work placement in a school classroom is required.
Students should allow an average of four hours per week for home study.
Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools - Level 2
On completion of the course, a lot of students take up employment as Teaching Assistants in schools and/or progress to Level 3.
How to apply
Applications should be made to the college. All students will be required to have an interview with the course tutor.
The cost of this course is £810.
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the college for details.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770400.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner
- NCFE L2 Cert for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- NCFE L2 Cert Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools
- NCFE L3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home-Based Childcare
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma for Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools