Students will need to have a C grade or equivalent in English GCSE and will be encouraged to improve Maths and ICT skills if these are below a C at GCSE (or equivalent). An application form must be completed and an interview will be required.
Dates and Times
Start date: January 16, 2017
End date: June 26, 2017
Time: 9.00am – 12pm
The course consists of the following units:
- Child and young person development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Communication and professional relationships with children and young people and adults
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Help improve own and team practice in schools
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Support children and young people's health and safety
- Support children and young people's positive behaviour
- Support learning activities
- Schools as organisations
- Prepare and maintain learning environments.
Exams and Assessments
The units are assessed by written tasks and assessment in the workplace.
A minimum of two days per week work placement in a school classroom is required.
Students should allow an average of four hours per week for home study.
Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools - Level 2
On completion of the course, a lot of students take up employment as Teaching Assistants in schools and/or progress to Level 3.
How to apply
Applications should be made to the college. All students will be required to have an interview with the course tutor.
The cost of this course is £810.
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the college for details.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770400.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- CACHE Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
- CACHE Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home-Based Childcare
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
- CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner