This qualification aims to provide professional development opportunities for practitioners working in the early years workforce at Level 3. Students will acquire the skills of leadership, mentoring, coaching and reflection through work-based activities.
You must be 18+ years and hold a full Level 3 Early Years/Childcare qualification. You must also be employed in an early years setting at Level 3 to complete this qualification.
Dates and Times
We hope to run this course in Autumn 2017.
The course will cover:
- Enabling children to learn
- Promoting health and wellbeing through physical activity and nutrition co-ordination (PANCo) in the early years
- Working with others to support children with additional needs, including Special Educational Needs and disability
- Working with families and other professionals in early years settings
- Implementing change in an early years setting, incorporating a small-scale research project
You could progress to a Level 5 qualification such as the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services. You could also progress onto courses in Higher Education.
You could progress to the following job roles and responsibilities:
- Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo)
- Physical Activity and Nutrition Coordinator (PANCo)
- Internal progression at a higher level, including with management responsibilities
- Leadership, mentoring, supervision and management opportunities
The cost of this course in 2016 was £811 but this may change in 2017.
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770400.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- CACHE Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
- CACHE Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home-Based Childcare
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
- CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner