This qualification will develop the knowledge and skills needed when working with children and young people in a residential childcare setting.
You must be 18+. Learners will also need to be working or volunteering in a residential childcare setting.
Dates and Times
18th September 2017 - 25th June 2018
Time: 17.30pm - 20.30pm
The course will cover units such as:
- Risk management
- Supporting children who have experienced harm/abuse
- Supporting development of socially aware behaviour
- Supporting attachment and positive relationships
- Supporting well-being and resilience
Learners could progress onto a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare or a Foundation Degree in a related discipline.
You could progress to the following job roles and responsibilities:
- Residential childcare worker
- Registered residential childcare manager
- Deputy/assistant manager in other adult or children and young people’s social care settings
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770400.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner
- NCFE L2 Cert for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- NCFE L2 Cert Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools
- NCFE L3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home-Based Childcare
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma for Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools