This qualification will develop the knowledge and skills needed when working with children and young people in a residential childcare setting.
You must be 18+. Learners will also need to be working or volunteering in a residential childcare setting.
Dates and Times
The course will cover units such as:
- Risk management
- Supporting children who have experienced harm/abuse
- Supporting development of socially aware behaviour
- Supporting attachment and positive relationships
- Supporting well-being and resilience
Learners could progress onto a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare or a Foundation Degree in a related discipline.
You could progress to the following job roles and responsibilities:
- Residential childcare worker
- Registered residential childcare manager
- Deputy/assistant manager in other adult or children and young people’s social care settings
The cost of this course in 2016 was £2,882 but this may change next year.
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770400.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- CACHE Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
- CACHE Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home-Based Childcare
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
- CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner