This award has been developed in collaboration with the Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY).
It prepares learners to set up a home-based childcare setting as a registered childminder. It is also suitable for learners who wish to be employed in home-based childcare settings as childminding assistants or other home childcarers, e.g. nannies, au pairs.
You must be 18+. No placement is required as this is a knowledge-based qualification.
Dates and Times
The course will run over 16 weeks, one evening a week. Learners will be expected to attend every session.
Start date: March 1, 2017
End date: July 5, 2017
Time: 5.30pm – 8.30pm
The course will cover:
- Preparing to work as a home-based child carer
- Preparing to set up a home-based childcare business
This qualification is suitable for learners wishing to work as:
- Registered childminders
- Childminding assistants
- Au pairs
The cost of this course is £500.
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770400.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- CACHE Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
- CACHE Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home-Based Childcare
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
- CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner