This award has been developed in collaboration with the Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY).
It prepares learners to set up a home-based childcare setting as a registered childminder. It is also suitable for learners who wish to be employed in home-based childcare settings as childminding assistants or other home childcarers, e.g. nannies, au pairs.
You must be 18+. No placement is required as this is a knowledge-based qualification.
Dates and Times
21st September 2017 - 1st February2018
22nd February 2018 - 5th July 2018
Time: 17.30pm - 20.30pm
The course will cover:
- Preparing to work as a home-based child carer
- Preparing to set up a home-based childcare business
This qualification is suitable for learners wishing to work as:
- Registered childminders
- Childminding assistants
- Au pairs
The cost of this course is £500.
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770400.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner
- NCFE L2 Cert for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- NCFE L2 Cert Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools
- NCFE L3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home-Based Childcare
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma for Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools