This course is ideal for anyone with an interest in accounting who wishes to move into that area. It is also suited to self-employed people who need to maintain their own accounts or who want to understand the basics of financial accounting. Many of our students undertake the course in order to formalise work experience with a qualification, and it can provide a useful stepping stone to the AAT Level 3 accounting qualification.
Work/life experience or a minimum of three GCSEs at grade C, one of which must be Maths.
Dates and Times
Start date: February 28, 2017
End date: June 27, 2017
Time: 6.00pm - 8.00pm
- The completion of financial documents such as invoices and credit notes
- The recording of cash and credit transactions in books of original entry
- Preparing bank reconciliation, understanding the petty cash 'Impress' systems and trial balances
- Preparing ledger accounts and control accounts
- Correcting errors in business accounts, such as identifying errors in ledger accounts
- Understanding capital and revenue expenditure depreciation
- End-of-year adjustments
- Trial balance
- Balance sheets, profit and loss accounts and period-end adjustments
Exams and Assessments
Externally set and externally marked examination paper at Week 16.
After the course, many students progress into employment and can further their skills by attending evening classes. It is possible, in some cases, to progress onto the AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
The cost of this course is £150.
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770400.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.