The introduction to payroll course is ideal for those new to payroll that wish to have an overview of the fundamental elements of payroll processing, such as calculating deductions from pay.
Dates and Times
20th September 2018 - 11th October 2018
8th November 2018 - 29th November 2018
6.00pm - 9.00pm
It will provide an overview of:
- Basic payroll obligations
- The gross to net process
- Starts and leavers
- Payrolling benefits
- HMRC remittances
- Real-time information (RTI) reporting
- End of year obligations
- Penalties and fines
Exams and Assessments
No formal assessment.
After the course, many students progress into AAT Level 2 Foundation Award or Certificate in Accounting.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
- AAT Level 2 Foundation Award in Accounting Software
- AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting
- AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
- AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting
- York College Certificate - Intro to Accounting Software and SAGE
- York College Certificate - Intro to Events and Conference Management
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Bookkeeping
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Business and Company Law
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Business Skills
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Payroll