Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

14th November 2017

Performing Arts student Jake England is dressed up ready to entertain for Children In Need, performing an array of circus skills for students and staff at York College to raise funds for the BBC charity.

Jake EnglandWEB

Juggling his way into the Children In Need headlines, Jake is keen to get involved in the fun and games of the Day. He says: “This year I decided to go all the way with the yellow suit and Pudsey Bear accessories. I have taken great pains to get the colours right - I want to put a smile on people’s faces and raise as much money as possible. I want to spread my love of the circus and children’s entertainment.”

After his GCSEs Jake began studying A Levels and then decided he would prefer to study a more practical theatre course. After transferring to York College on a Late Start General Education programme he was able to enrol on the Level 3 Performing Arts (Acting) course. Jake says: “I’m so pleased I made the change as this course is perfect for me - I am much happier concentrating on my practical skills, with less written work. I can see that this course is leading me in the right direction for a career in the entertainment industry.”

Jake, aged 17 from Ripon, is passionate about performance. Outside of his Acting course at York College he loves his part-time job with Rascals Entertainment in Harrogate, spending weekends dressed up as different characters for children’s parties. He is also in the Ripon Charity pantomime this year, playing the Lord Mayor of London in Dick Whittington. He says: “When I complete my course at York College I intend applying to drama schools or universities, or I may try to work for Butlins as a children’s entertainer and work my way into the industry.”
Jake’s life goal is to play The Doctor on Doctor Who or maybe in the future we will see him presenting Children in Need!

Jake England 1WEB

Related Link

Performing Arts (Acting) Extended Diploma Level 3

Current Term's News

Links