Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

20th March 2018

Congratulations to hairdressing apprentice Hollie White on winning first place in the Blow-Dry category at the National Final of the AHT UK Trainee Competition 2018, held at the Winter Gardens, Blackpool.

HollieWhite1WEB

Hollie, aged 20 and formerly of Archbishop Holgate’s School, studies Level 2 Hairdressing at York College and is an apprentice at Evolve hairdressing salon in York. Earlier this year she came second in the York College Hair & Beauty Competition and progressed to the regional round of the competition in Gateshead, from where she won her place in the national final.

Hollie White wins National Blow Dry competitionWEB

Hollie said: “During the final I thought I was doing well but I really didn’t expect to win as I was up against so many good students from all over the country. I was shocked and over the moon to win! My employer is pleased and that makes me feel good. I love working at Evolve and when I complete my apprenticeship I would like to continue working there. If I get the opportunity I would like to continue to study Level 3 Hairdressing at the College.”

Linzi Gill, Salon Owner at Evolve is proud of Hollie’s achievements. She says: “I’m incredibly happy for Hollie, she has worked hard and her skills have been recognised at national level. It’s fabulous to know the education programme at Evolve is working well for our apprentices.”

Related Link

Hairdressing Professional Apprenticeship Level 2

Hairdressing Apprenticeship Level 3

Current Term's News

Links