Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

15th March 2018

Health & Social Care students at York College raided their wardrobes to ‘Go Yellow’ in support of Marie Curie’s Great Daffodil Appeal. The students, who are studying qualifications in preparation for careers in the healthcare sector, raised nearly £500 for the charity.

Marie Curie 4WEB

Raising awareness of the chairty's high profile fundraising campaign during the month of March, the students had a ‘yellow’ presence in the College.  Selling Marie Curie daffoldils, they spread the word that Marie Curie provide a better life for people and their families living with a terminal illness.  

Go Yellow for Marie Curie BESTWEB

Level 3 Health & Social Care students Sian Baga and Beth Loseby sold lots of daffodils around the College for Marie Curie. Sian, formerly of The Read School, says: “I’m learning about different job roles within health and social care and having this involvement with Marie Curie has given me a better understanding of the end of life care the charity provides. I hope our fundraising helps to raise awareness of the important work the charity does by getting students and staff to donate and wear the Marie Curie daffodil.”

Marie Curie presentation of cheque BESTWEB

Marie Curie 3WEB

Beth, formerly of Tadcaster Grammar School, says: “My family knows only too well what a difference Marie Curie nurses make at a time when individuals and families most need support.  I chose to study health & social care because I want to care for people and I think Marie Curie nurses are really wonderful, they give so much.” 

Jen Carmichael, Fundraising Manager at Marie Curie, supported the students on the da.  She said: “The Health and Social Care students were keen to find out about the charity's work. Our nurses help people to make the most of the time they have together by delivering expert care, emotional support, research and guidance and our annual Great Daffodil Appeal provides a massive boost to our operation costs. We are grateful to York College for supporting our campaign.”

Marie Curie fundraiser 1WEB

Related Link

Health & Social Care

Current Term's News

Links