Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

14th March 2018

York College has joined forces with City of York Council to host a Travel2Campus campaign to encourage students and staff to make sustainable travel choices.

Travel2Campus 2WEB

A series of travel roadshows delivered by Get Cycling are being held at York College, Askham Bryan College, the University of York and York St John University, to offer travel advice and support to students and staff as well as bike maintenance workshop sessions, bike health checks and the opportunity to have a go on a velodrome simulator.   

Travel2Campus 1WEB 

The Travel2Campus initiative aims to encourage Further and Higher Education staff and students to make more journeys on foot or by cycle, helping to keep them fitter and healthier, reducing congestion in the city and improving air quality. 

Students and staff could also pick up a free copy of a York cycle guide, highlighting safe cycle routes, providing basic cycle maintenance information and providing safety tips for riders.  Staff member Connie Parkinson cycles to College from Fulford, she says: "Cycling to York College is easy, I am on the cycle path all way and it is such a pretty route alongside  river and across the racecourse.  It's so much cheaper and healthier than driving.  I enjoyed having a go on the cycle velodrome simulator - it was great fun, I  was beaten by my boss! "

Travel2Campus 3WEB

Councillor Ian Gillies, Leader of City of York Council, said: “Students make up a significant proportion of York’s population and it’s vitally important that we encourage them to make sustainable travel choices while they’re here. It’s quick, easy and cheap to incorporate more walking and cycling into our lives and not only benefits our health, but also reduces congestion and improves air quality in the city.”

Related Link

Cycling to College

Current Term's News

Links