Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

26th February 2018

Congratulations to former Foundation Degree Media Make-up, Special Effects, Make-up and Hair graduate Madison Croft, on winning Best Hair, Make-up and Body Design for the film ‘Trainset’, at the International Filmmaker Festival of World Cinema, London.

Madison Croft wins Film AccoladeWEB

Madison beat off ten other nominees to win the prestigious Award at a glittering occasion held at the Crown Plaza in London, and she is delighted the Award has led to work offers on six further films, giving her make-up talents even more exposure!

Since leaving York College in 2015 Madison has been a freelance make-up artist working on weddings and films, whilst working part-time on a make-up counter in York. She says: “It’s been difficult at times and I have spent a lot of time getting to know people in the industry. I was the only make-up artist on this film and winning this Award is just amazing, it should help me to get work in the future. York College is where my dreams started and I can't thank my tutors enough for their guidance. I would advise other students to get as much work experience as possible and to have belief in their own creativity.”

Madison Croft - Trainset Makeup AwardWEB

Media Make-up tutor Sharon Pickup is extremely proud of Madison’s achievements, saying: “Madison was a class A student, she was hard working and understood the importance of networking in order to succeed. She never lost focus and her work is now getting recognised internationally, which is fabulous.”

Related Link

Foundation Degree Media Make-up, Special Effects Make-up and Hair Design

Current Term's News