Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

24th January 2018

'From the Future and Past' is the latest exhibition to grace the York College Gallery.  The artist, Pippa Eason, is a former York College Foundation Diploma Art & Design student (2011) who has now returned to the College to study a PGCE in Lifelong Learning.

Pippa EasonWEB

Pippa’s work makes observations of the abstraction/perception of nature, the tangible, the everyday, and considers it within the accelerating art world. They act as props for the near fictional imagery displayed, they come to life, crumbling from the cocoon of reality, into the pixel generated sub-human culture. The use of symbols for example: dollar signs, cacti, chains, written word, and so on articulate the separation of art in life, against art on screen. These multi layered objects, or digital works serve as a signifier for the aesthetics of contemporary commerce, and viewing. Those aesthetics are then translated into the cyber world, reiterating itself over and over again.

PINK CARPET 3WEB

Pippa completed an MA in Art & Design at Leeds Beckett University in September 2016. She is a Manchester based artist and a member of COLLAR studios. Her recent exhibitions have included Dishwasher Safe, System Gallery, August 2017 Newcastle, Launch of isthisit? Issue 2, ‘The Choice of A New Generation’, The Muse Gallery, (London) Cluny X Misugo, The Whitworth Gallery, September 2017 (Manchester), Sluice Biennial, September 2017, (Hackney, London).

pippa 1WEB

Pippa says: “I had such a great time at York College studying the Foundation Diploma Post Level 3 course and the experience made me want to become an art tutor. I knew this was the place to come to study my PGCE becuse I feel so at home here.  It’s fantastic to return with a solo exhibition in the Gallery. I always liked the space and I’m enjoying showing current students my work, and teaching them how to put an exhibition together. It’s good that they can see what it is like to be a practicing artist in the real world.”

'From the Future and Past' runs until 22nd February 2018

Related Link

Art & Design Foundation Diploma Post Level 3

Teacher Training (Lifelong Learning)

York College Gallery Exhibitions

Current Term's News

Links