Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

News Banner 3

14th March 2017

Congratulations and well done to hairdressing apprentice Edita Matuleviciene who has won first place in the Blow-Dry category at the National Final of the AHT UK Trainee Competition 2017, held at the Winter Gardens, Blackpool.

Edita winning picWEB

Originally from Lithuania, 23 year old Edita studies Level 2 Hairdressing at York College and is an apprentice at 'Blue Hairdressing' in York.  In January this year Edita won the First Year Blow-Dry category at the York College Hair & Beauty Competition, held at York Racecourse, and went on to win first place at the regional round of the competition in Gateshead. Now she has returned victorious from Blackpool, having claimed the national title.

Edita said: “I’m so happy to have clinched first place at the national final and to have competed in the Winter Gardens, Blackpool, as it is such a beautiful venue. I am especially pleased to have won because I was held up, due to road works, and only had 18 minutes to complete the blow dry, instead of the usual 45 minutes. It was stressful but I kept my cool and my training kicked in, allowing me to do a decent job.”

Editas model at national competitionWEB

Lorraine Kriehn, co-owner of 'Blue Hairdressing' in York is proud of Edita’s achievement: “Edita worked hard to prepare for each stage of her first competition and everyone in the salon is so pleased for her, it was an amazing result. She had the right model and had previously worked on the colour and cut, and she practised blow drying the style until she reached perfection. Even though she was under time-pressure at the final to deliver everything she was taught, she deserved to win. The future is really bright for Edita.”

Edita said: “I want to continue to improve my skills and hopefully enter more competitions in the future.”

Related Link:

Hairdressing Apprenticeship

Current Term's News