Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

News Banner 3

14th February 2017

Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice, Edita Matuleviciene came first in the Regional Final of the AHT UK Trainee Competition 2017 and will be going on to compete at the National Competition in Blackpool this March.

Edita WEB

Edita, age twenty-three, an Apprentice at Blue Hairdressing, is originally from Lithuania and previously won the First Year Blow-Dry at the York College Hair & Beauty Competition last month. On winning the Regional round of the competition in Gateshead, she said: “I was really happy to win this competition as hairdressing is something I really enjoy and am passionate about. I’m really enjoying my apprenticeship and the ability to develop skills in College, like blow drying, before putting them into practice when back in the salon. I feel like I’m gaining more responsibility all the time and my skills are developing more and more every day. I’m continuing to practice my blow-drying skills when at College and in the salon so hopefully I will do well in the National Finals.”

Lorraine Kriehn, co-owner of Blue Hairdressing in York said of Edita’s achievements: “Edita worked hard to prepare for the competition under the watchful eye of the rest of the team at Blue Hairdressing. We are constantly in training at the salon and this was Edita’s first competition – we were all delighted for her when she won first place. It’s all about having the right model and help with preparation for the competition. Edita worked on the colour and cut and practised blow drying the style until she reached perfection. At the competition she delivered everything she was taught, thoroughly deserving to win. We now look forward to seeing her compete at national level in Blackpool in March.”

Related Link:

Hairdressing Apprenticeship

Current Term's News