Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

News Banner 3

8th February 2017

As part of a Customer Service Unit on the Level 3 Skills for Business course, students organised a successful coffee morning to support In The Pink charities, raising a grand total of £579.36.

In The Pink BESTWEB

Working with the College’s hospitality team, the students served up warm coffee, hearty bacon sandwiches and lush slices of cake, all to support good causes; Breast Cancer Care, BTRC and BTRS .

In The Pink 3WEB

The students were particularly pleased to welcome Linda Swabey, mother of former York College student Anna Swabey, to the event. Anna lost her life last year to a brain tumour and Linda (herself a former York College staff member) attended the coffee morning to show her appreciation for the fundraising York College students and staff have done in her daughter’s memory. Said Linda: “Anna’s legacy is to raise awareness of the BTRC charity and it’s our job to pass on her infectious energy for life, to young people especially. My family has been hugely supported by staff and students from the College over the last few years and I am extremely moved to see students organising events like this help to support charities like BTRC.”

In The Pink 1WEB

Sixteen year old Business student Charles Langstaff, formerly of Cundall Manor School, near Boroughbridge, said: “Working in teams to organise this event, my role was to arrange the marketing and advertising, and to bake cakes. It’s been an enjoyable thing to do and I think the experience has helped to improve my confidence and communication skills. As a group we were inspired by Anna Swabey’s story and wanted to help raise awareness of the Brain Tumour charities, as well as other In The Pink charities. We wanted to raise lots of money for the charities and we hope that our customers will go away with a sense of what the charities represent, as well as enjoying everything on offer at our coffee morning.”

Related Link:

Level 3 Skills for Business in Sales and Marketing

Current Term's News