Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

News Banner 3

19th January 2017

A series of infographics created by Creative Media Production students at York College have been selected for use across all social media platforms to promote Veganuary; an international campaign aimed at getting people to try veganism during January.

VeganuaryWEB2

The students’ eye-catching designs have proved to be highly successful, attracting 22K Twitter followers, 15K Instagram followers and 9K Facebook members,  and the campaign has experienced phenomenal growth this year, with over 50,000 people from around the world signing up.

Following a visit and talk by the York-based Veganuary organisation, the whole class was inspired to research the subject further. Students made a booklet about veganism, from which ideas for the infographics were created.

InfographicWEB1
InfographicWEB2
InfographicWEB3
InfographicWEB4

Students Ellie Marsh, Ellis Dawson, Sophie Baker, Grace Kennedy and Amelia Brown were delighted to hear their work had been selected by Veganuary’s marketing team. Amelia Brown, formerly of The Mount School, looked closely at different food infographics and based her final design on a pizza, featuring substitute vegan alternatives. She said: “I wanted to inform the audience about veganism by using a popular food like pizza. I’m pleased my work is being viewed by a huge audience around the world and I hope it encourages people to give vegan a go. I also feel energised to study graphic design at university next year.”

PizzaWEB

Ellie Dawson, formerly of Canon Lee School, says: “The Level 3 Creative Media course is even better than I imagined it would be. The work is never boring with lots of variety and creativity every day. I have especially enjoyed the written element of the course, which is why I hope to progress to Leeds University to study journalism.”

For more details on Veganuary, please visit this link.

Related Link:

Creative Media Production Extended Diploma Level 3

Current Term's News