Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

News Banner 3

3rd January 2017

York College Football Development Centre goalkeeper Rosie Todd is over the moon to be selected for the women’s national English College’s Football Association squad.

Rosie Todd standing guard

Being injured with broken ribs at the time of the trials, Rosie could not believe that she had been successful against 150 other players. She said: “I was shocked and surprised to be picked – it’s a dream come true. Training with the York College Development Centre has definitely improved my fitness and my tutors have been so supportive – I’m sure that helped.”

Having played football since the age of four and playing in goal throughout her school years, Rosie was scouted by the York City Foundation Regional Talent Club. She has played for Huddersfield Town and now plays for Durham Ladies as well as the York College Football Development Centre. Representing England, Rosie’s goalkeeping skills were in demand playing a friendly game against Sheffield Ladies, to be followed by matches against the Independent Schools Football Association,  a match against Wales and then on a national tour in Estonia  (April 2017).

Rosie Todd in nets

Formerly of Fulford School, Rosie studies the Extended Diploma in Sport (Development, Coaching and Fitness) at York College. She says: “The course really suits me. I particularly enjoy learning about the anatomy and physiology, fitness testing and practical sports performance, and then training with the Football Development Centre. On completion of my College course I want to study sport at university and then have a career in coaching or teaching.” 

Related Link

Sport (Developing, Coaching and Fitness) Extended Diploma Level 3

Sports Development Centre

Current Term's News