York College

8-8-16-1

8-8-16-2

8-8-16-3

1st September 2016

Congratulations to York College/i2i  Football Development Centre graduates Romario Vieira and his twin brother Ronaldo, who have both signed contracts with Leeds United FC.   

Romario and Ronaldo signing WEB

Romario, who left the College this summer, has signed a one-year professional contract with Leeds United, with an option for a further year, whereas his twin brother Ronaldo, who left the College in 2015, is already a first-team player and has had his contract extended for a further three years.

Romario Viera -web

Picture: Romario playing at York College

Romario Vieira signing with Leeds UtdWEB

Picture: Romario signing for Leeds Utd

Sarah Barbacane, Head of Sport at York College is delighted for Romario and Ronaldo, she says: ‚ÄúThis is fantastic news for the twins and for the College. We are so proud of their achievements, having worked and trained incredibly hard. Their dedication to making it as a professional players has been quite remarkable and they are very deserving of this wonderful opportunity to progress in the professional game. They are superb role models for our students and everyone involved in the York College/i2i Football Development Centre wishes them every success in their footballing careers." 

Related Link

Sports Development Centre

Current Term's News