Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

This Christmas two Performing Arts students from York College will take the lead in professional pantomime productions in the region. After playing Snow White last year, former student Lauren Hood (aged 27) returns to the Grand Opera House in York as Cinderella and Sophie Wright (aged 19), who currently studies the Extended Diploma in Performing Arts (Acting) at College, will play the lead role of Peter Pan at the Pavilion Theatre, Doncaster Racecourse.

LaurenHoodpantoweb

(Picture courtesy of York Press)

Lauren graduated from York College in 2005, having attended the Kirkham Henry Performing Arts Centre in Malton. After her Acting and Dance studies at York College she secured a place at Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts, graduating with a first-class degree. She has since worked professionally in a number of successful productions including playing Carrie Pipperidge in the West End production of Carousel (for which she was nominated for a TMA Award), Frenchy in the UK tour of Grease at the Grand Opera House, York and the lead role of L.V in The Rise and Fall of a Little Voice at Hull Truck Theatre . More recently she appeared as Penny in the national tour of Hairspray. 

SophieWrightasPeterPanweb

Sophie has trained at Sylvia Young Theatre School and Cathedral Academy of Performing Arts and now studies acting at York College. She already has a number of television credits under her belt including E4’s My Mad Fat Diary and CBBC’s Harriet’s Army. She says: “I am excited to make my pantomime debut in my home town of Doncaster. Originally I tried out for the part of Wendy and was asked to read for the role of the ‘little boy who never grew up’ – I just can’t wait to fly!”.

You can see Lauren and Sophie in their respective pantomime performances from 12th December – 4th January.

Related Links

Media, Music & Performing Arts
Performing Arts (Acting) Extended Diploma Level 3

Current Term's News

Links