Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

News Banner 3

A Level students returned to College having enjoyed their first term at different universities, studying Law. They spoke to the York College Law Club about their university experiences so far, giving an insight into their degree courses in the subject. Also, four former York College Oxbridge students came back to College to participate in a special University Challenge event. Both events were beneficial to current students and provided the perfect end to the Christmas term.

Dan Kozelko, the top achieving A Level student at York College in 2013, is now studying Law at Cambridge University. He said: “Cambridge University has been the best experience of my life so far. I love my course and it’s great to be surrounded by like-minded people, both academically and socially. My tutors at York College gave me a lot and I am happy to come back to College to share my experiences with current students, giving them an understanding of my life now. I want to help students who may be thinking about studying Law at Cambridge in the future.”

Rowan Brooks, studying Law at Lincoln University and Aiden Ballinger, studying Law at Nottingham Trent University, said: “York College helped prepare us to take on the heavy workload at university and we realise just how much our College tutors taught us the motivational tools needed to achieve success.”

Matthew Stubbings is at Northumbria University studying Law. He commented on the Mock Trial experience he had whilst at York College saying: “The Mock Trial competition really helped me at university - being able to talk about issues and debate different topics is invaluable as part of my Law degree.”

Law tutor Clare Kirkton was delighted to welcome back former students saying; “It’s good to know the work they did at York College and the skills they learnt helped them to make a smooth transition into university study.”

Current Term's News