Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

News Banner 3

Moustaches for the month of Movember are plentiful in the Media Make-up studios at York College. As part of a course assessment Foundation Degree Media Make-up students colour and texture-matched hair, learnt the hair knotting process and styled and cut whiskers to create a variety of moustache styles.

Media Make-up student Charlotte Holt asked her Dad to model her Movember lip warmer. She said: “It took about 25 hours to knot the hair, and cut and style the moustache so that my Dad could actually wear it. I’m pleased with the end result, it looks very realistic. Eventually I would like to work in television and then go into the film industry.”

Charlotte’s Dad comments: “I’m used to being a model , I have been a tramp and a victim of numerous injuries before!”

Tutor Katherine Brenton is pleased with the classes’ assessment saying: “The students have done a really good job. It’s always nice to complete this assessment during the month of ‘Movember’. On completion of this course our students will progress to complete Top-Up degrees or else work as freelancers in industry.”

Current Term's News