York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

8-8-16-3

Final year Travel and Tourism students at York College handed over a cheque for £584.15 to Macmillan Cancer Support Fundraising Manager Sally Millington, following their successful ‘World’s Biggest Coffee Morning’ held in Ashfields, the College’s training restaurant.

As part of their coursework the students arranged publicity, secured raffle prizes from local businesses, designed room decorations and planned the layout, ensuring the smooth running of the event. Travel and Tourism tutor Deborah Pearson said: “The students did a great job for such a worthy cause. We had lots of people attending and even sold out of bacon sandwiches! Many of the skills required for this activity are invaluable for the students’ future careers in travel, tourism, hospitality and events. Probably the most important skill the students learned is the attention to detail which is required in all aspects of planning, as well as developing important customer service skills. It was an enjoyable practical activity which contributed to College life, the wider community and society.”

Travel and Tourism student Natalie Drewery added: “I enjoyed working with the group to put the event on. I loved seeing everyone in York College come together to support the Macmillan Cancer Support charity. It was good fun and it helped build up my people and organisational skills.”

York College staff and students supported the event with enthusiasm. Thanks go to the College’s Food and Beverage Service, Catering students and staff, who produced really fantastic refreshments for the event.

Current Term's News