Award Crest
York College

News Banner 1

News Banner 2

News Banner 3

BSc and Foundation Degree Sports Therapy students had the opportunity to hear about Strength and Conditioning training when Brendan Chaplin, Head of Strength and Conditioning at Leeds Metropolitan University gave a guest lecture at the College.

High profile coach Brendan Chaplin is an expert in the field of Strength and Conditioning. In his lecture he spoke about Strength and Conditioning from an injury perspective, discussing some of the methods and approaches he uses with his athletes from recreational to elite level. Brendan is an educator for the UK Strength and Conditioning Association (UKSCA) and York College students loved hearing about his experiences. Brendan also provided advice and guidance to those looking to accelerate their career within the Sports Therapy and Strength and Conditioning field.

Student Sean Cantrill said: ‘Brendan gave an honest, informative overview of his experience within Strength and Conditioning and some of the points to consider. He made me think about how I treat and work with clients and the approaches I take when treating them. He was very inspirational.’

Current Term's News