Award Crest
York College

Q: Where will my graduation ceremony be held?
A: Gowning, Photography and Registration is at The Hospitium, York. Please arrive there first. The ceremony will be held at York Minster.

Q: The ceremony date is inconvenient– is it possible to attend another ceremony?
A: If you are unable to attend you may defer until the next ceremony in 2018 (date to be confirmed).

Q: If I, or a member of my graduation party has any particular requirements regarding robing, photography and seating arrangements, what should I do?
A: The College is able to provide assistance for you and your guests. Please state on your booking form your particular requirements so that appropriate arrangements can be made in advance.

Q: Will I receive any further information regarding the ceremony?
A: You will receive a graduand ticket by post, as well as the number of guest tickets specified. Due to capacity restrictions, no additional tickets will be available for guests at the Hospitium reception (where graduands pick up their robes and any photographs ordered), however additional guests can join your party for the ceremony at York Minster without notifying us about this (no tickets required at the Minster).

Q: What colour will my gown be?
A: Your robe colours depend on who your course is validated by. For example if your course is validated by York St. John University you will graduate in that university’s colours.

Q: When and where do I pick up my gown?
A: Gowns will be available for collection between 3.00pm and 6.00pm at The Hospitium, York. All gowns should be returned by 9.30pm.  It is recommended that you wear a shirt/blouse with buttons to secure your hood.

Q: Where do I have my photograph taken?
A: The photographers, Ede & Ravenscroft, will be available from 3.00pm - 6.30pm at The Hospitium, York. Photography is also available for those who have not pre-ordered pictures.

Q: What time should I arrive?
A: Gowns are available for collection between 3.00pm and 6.00pm. You and your guests need to be seated by 7.15pm in York Minster for a prompt start at 7.30pm.

Q: Where can I park?
A: There are a number of car parks around the city of York, for detailed information about parking and Park and Ride facilities around the city, please visit http://www.york.gov.uk/parking

Twitter